BEING SINGLE SUCKS

or does it ? ... 

I was thinking a lot lately about how the image of being single is literally ALWAYS negative especially as of late .


Disclaimer: 
I'm not out here as the president of the Single's club.I would LOVE to be in a relationship so yea I actively date .  I would love companionship , growth , and sex with ONE person . I'm not a casual kind of girl . I catch feelings , and become a wife overnight lmao sooooo I try to keep myself out of those situations that I know won't lead me anywhere good. Although I'm single and alone I am not lonely. People need to work on themselves until they understand the difference fully . They absolutely do not have to go hand in hand.
In the past there were shows like Living Single , Friends , Sex In The City , Girlfriends etc. that showed being Single in a much different light that I currently see it in . Of course they were all dating so for sure with dating there are ups and loads of downs , buuuuttt it was never THIS negative . 


For instance on the show "Insecure" [ there will be spoilers ] the main character, Issa , is currently single after cheating on her long term boyfriend Lawrence. She wants her man back , she feels bad about herself , guilty , and ashamed that she let a pretty good guy go because she was bored with him while also feeling like he wasn't doing anything with himself . Instead of actively working on things together , encouraging him to do better to get him out of whatever funk he was in , she gave up and went where she thought the grass was greener. She hopped right on some fresh "green" peen lmao (I know that was corny but I'm laughing in real life lol). Now they're not together so she's taking being single to a whole diff level.

 I understand going through a breakup is already hard as hell. Trust me sis , I know . It sucks, but so does being with the wrong one. I can only imagine how it feels to go through one when YOU'RE the cause of it. Tragic I assume.  

I also understand , and believe that being single should probably be your time to better yourself , by yourself for awhile . Issa acts as if when she isn't getting attention from a guy at the moment, she will melt or crumble to a ball of nothingness . WHY THOUGH ? I think the message in the show is on some super feminist mentality , showing that as a single woman you can do whatever you want with your body just like men . I can't agree with this logic . 

Yes, you can do whatever you want but shit not everyone deserves the pussy or anything else you're willing to offer **wink wink**. Issa you don't need to bust one that bad love I promise , but if you do find other ways .Flick the bean or get you a pocket rocket to fulfill those desires just don't let any and everybody in your box just because they're a little nice to you. I would tell a guy the same thing btw. 

Molly is also single and of course the image they have her as is not pleasant either . She's a lawyer I believe . Though she may have her things together , her luck with guys has not been a walk in the parks so she also feels like "niggas aint shit".She then falls for someone close to her , who makes her  laugh as well as MARRIED . Now she's a side chick smh. According to him his marriage is open but uhhhhh the wife never confirmed this as of now in the show so nah idk. I bet in an episode or so the wife will be on and will deny what he's saying ... or maybe she into it but either way I don't agree . She deserves her OWN man , not sharing a penis unless both you and her are sharing him at the same exact time and place if you know what I mean :) . Why be a knowingly side chick , catch feelings just to be hurt later?

I believe that they should probably have an aha moment in the show where they realize they are better and can absolutely be happy while dating. I feel like at this rate the only thing that's going to happen is more hurt feelings , a possible baby or std . KEEP THAT COOCHIE TO YOURSELF.
.

2 comments

  1. Deep and so true....being single does not mean you are lonely...you need to learn how to love yourself before you can love someone else or have someone to love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS for your input. I agree , I think that's why people end up miserable in relationships ... because they're miserable most likely to begin with and looking for someone to fill a void that only THEY can smh.

    ReplyDelete